NOVA's new Fab Lab in Manassas is offering free CNC Router demo sessions. This is an introduction to CNC routing for beginners using our Forest 3-axis, 48” x 48” CNC router. This demonstration is intended to illustrate the basic concepts and processes involved in CNC routing and will include the following topics:
• CNC defined (additive vs subtractive, XYZ movements, 3-4-5 axis, 2.5D vs. 3D)
• Peripheries (Vacuum hold down, dust collection, spoil boards, data entry, etc)
• Set-Up (Tool Changer, Tool Length, Material dimensions, etc)
• Processes (Carving, Nesting, Fly Cutting, Engraving, etc)
• Tricks of the Trade (bottom vs top cuts,
• Terminology Demystified (Tabs, Onion Skin, Z-Settings, Offsets, chip load, IPM, etc)
• Many people complain about the opacity of the CNC industry and find it hard to acquire information for the novice or beginner. This class will help you decide if CNC routing is for you.
Three sessions (4:00 pm, 6:00 pm, & 8 pm) are available to choose from and registration is required (first come first serve). Open to adults 18 and over, minors 12-17 must be accompanied by adult.
Tuesday, January 14
Fab Lab - Manassas, 1st floor Battleview Tech Building, 10500 Battleview Parkway, Manassas, VA 20109